Google Search Console Complete Guide 2022 Series
Google Search Console is a concept every business must understand. Therefore, learn it to move your business in the right direction. More importantly, your business will grow beyond geographical boundaries.
It is because this web service of Google affects the output of your SEO campaign. As a result, you must learn about it. In order to help you, we have decided to improve your knowledge about it.
The task will be accomplished through a series of posts in brief. Do you know what is more important? You will learn about the values it adds to your SEO campaign’s out and business.
What is in today’s post for you?
You must read this full post in order to learn several things about it. For instance:
- What is this concept?
- Steps to verify website ownership with it.
- Reason you must link your website with it.
It is time to begin your education about it without a delay.
What is Google Search Console?
This is the first thing you should learn about it. Google Webmaster was its earlier name. It is a web service of Google. This web service is the most reliable way for a website owner to communicate with Google. In a word, you can use it for the following:
- To verify the ownership of your website.
- In order to provide the sitemap of your website to Google.
- For generating and checking the Robots.txt file.
- Access to reports about traffic and link details is another benefit.
- Furthermore, you can get complete information related to schema and rich snippets.
- A complete overview of search performance is possible as well.
- Requests to get updated pages indexed can be submitted.
Google also uses it in the event that your website is hacked or penalised. The search engine uses it for sending you a monthly newsletter as well. It must be remembered that the newsletter tells you about the monthly performance of your website.
How To Verify Website Ownership With Google Console?
It is an essential as well as the first step of every digital marketing strategy. Now, this is the first and foremost thing you must bear in your mind. Verify the website ownership using one of the following steps:
There is a certain way to accomplish the task using both methods. This is what you are likely to learn below:
First, visit Google Console to open the Property Selector dropdown menu. The Property Selector is available in the top-left corner for you.
What do you want to do? Decide it once you open the Property Selector. There are two options for you. Either you can search the Property or add your own Property.
Secondly, enter the URL of your website and continue once you Select The Property Type. You can either select the Domain option or the URL Prefix option. The choice of property is yours!
Third, choose your preferred HTML File Upload method. Always remember to download the HTML file. The verification process concludes as soon as you upload the HTML to your website’s root.
The steps are almost similar to the HTML File Upload Method. However, it is still different in some ways.
- Download the HTML file uploaded and copy the code.
- Paste the code in your website’s coding from the backend.
- Finally, click the verify option in order to conclude the verification.
The task is accomplished as soon as you click the verification button.
The website ownership verification process can be carried out using some more options. These additional options are available for your search console.
Why Should You Link Your Website With It?
You will get a long list of reasons by the time your Google Search Console Complete Guide 2022 Series Part -1 concludes. One of the perks is Performance Tracking. Let’s start with it without a delay.
You must track the performance of your website frequently. The process is easy. Follow the steps given below:
- Click the Performance option available in the sidebar.
- You will access the performance data of your website.
- You can export the performance report using one of the following export methods:
- Google sheets
- Do not forget to apply filters before downloading the performance report. It is because these filters help you access only the data that matters to you.
- The search Type filter helps you determine the form of data you want to download.
- The date range is another filter you must keep in mind while downloading the data.
The performance data of your website is finally ready. All things considered, the data appears on your screen in the form of Total clicks, Total impressions, Average CTR as well as average position.
The performance tab offers access to some more useful information in addition to the information you download.
Check the Queries tab so that you know about the keywords impacting your website performance in SERPs.
- The list of keywords your website is ranking for in SERPs.
- Your website’s position in SERPs on a particular keyword.
Furthermore, the Pages tab informs you about the web pages ranking in SERPs. Another important thing you know is their position in SERPs. The data includes the performance of keywords as well.
The countries tab yields information about the performance of your website in all countries. Again, the information extracted includes its position in SERPS and more. The Devices tab informs you about the performance of your website on a particular device type.
Checking the dates tab is a great way to know the performance of your website on all metrics on a particular date. It is also a great option to know the same thing during a particular week, month, or even a year.
You are on your way to leveraging the potential of Google Search Console to the fullest. The credit goes to the access that you have to the data much needed.
Keep coming back here. It is because we have started this Google Search Console Complete Series 2022 for you. For this reason, the series is likely to continue further. Do not miss it!
Okay? Another post about it is coming soon.
Originally published at https://theblogger.info on July 25, 2022.